Royal School of Church Music – Music Sunday
3:30 – 4:30pm Sunday 23rd June at St Peters Church Hall, Upper Riccarton
Schola Cantorum sang at the RSCM Canterbury Branch’s afternoon celebrating Music Sunday – see the photo and story on their website.
Sing to the Lord!: Musical gems from the churches of Europe performed by combined choirs of University of Canterbury and Schola Cantorum
2:30pm Sunday 26th May at St Paul’s Presbyterian Church, Oxford St, Ashburton
Schola Cantorum with the University of Canterbury MUSI113 choir, with Francis Yapp presenting an illustrated talk.
- Kyrie and Gloria from Missa Pange Lingua – Josquin des Prés 1450-1521 (sheet music)
- O Lord, Give thy Holy Spirit – Thomas Tallis 1505-1585 (sheet music)
- The Record of John – Orlando Gibbons 1583-1625 (sheet music)
Conducted by – Nicolette Paul
Tenor soloist – David O’Beirne
- Ave Verum Corpus – William Byrd 1543-1623 (sheet music)
Conducted by – David O’Beirne
- Ave Verum – W.A. Mozart 1756-1791 (sheet music)
- Chorale from Cantata No.140 (Sleepers Wake) – J.S. Bach 1685-1750 (sheet music)